Thursday, November 8, 2018

This and That Thursday

 We were just talking recently how there are no pay phones anymore. Lo and behold, I did a "double-take" when I saw this near the park entrance. I turned around to get a picture. I didn't think to check about how much it costs to make a call these days. What was I thinking? I should have at least checked the coin return for change!
 I loved seeing Avenue Q again recently---makes my 4th time! It's so funny and politically incorrect! Still, I hadn't planned on the embarrassment factor in seeing it with my son-in-laws!
This is about the best idea for teaching kids how to skate. Too bad they didn't have this when our kids were little.
Mindy is becoming quite the cook. She likes to send me pictures of her creations. These are not just regular stuffed peppers, but rather, taco stuffed peppers. Sounds good to me. Reminds me that I haven't made stuffed peppers in years. I have my mom's recipe---which I love!
Lastly for today---this lounge area was in a McDonalds while Butch and I were traveling recently. They also advertised wifi. I guess they are trying to compete with Starbucks---although Starbucks doesn't have a tv. No one was using it when we were there. Seems like a lot of space at a McDonalds to use for this. But, I guess that's the way things are going these days. Just trying to keep up.

That's it for "this and that" today.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Another post with a pay phone, how fun to see two tonight (the other is over on http://farmerswifedaybyday.blogspot.com/2018/11/take-three-thursday-keeping-in-touch.html )

    Taco stuffed anything sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.