Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving Recap

This very well might have been our best Thanksgiving yet!

It all started on Tuesday. Morgan has spent the night. We got on the road at 5:15 a.m. with our first stop at Starbucks. I let Morgan ride up front for the first part of the trip. She is quite a delightful little chatterbox! You would have thought that she was a little kid---asking when we were going to stop, she was hungry, telling us she eats a lot! She asked if I'd brought snacks. I didn't. I offered her a mint I had in my purse. She saw the cooler and wanted to know what was in it. I told her, "nothing." She saw the muffins I was taking to Sandy. She wanted one. Butch said, "just give her one!" Anyway, she finally fell asleep. I asked Butch if he was enjoying the quiet!!

It really was exactly like taking a trip with a little kid rather than a 23 year old. Still, it was really fun to have so much time with her.

We arrived at Sandy's. We had a nice evening. Mitchell got home and we pretty much just sat around catching up. Stephanie and Nicky weren't arriving until around midnight. Then their flight was delayed. They planned to take a Lyft from the airport. It was a good thing because they didn't get to the house until 3:30 a.m.!! Yep, you read that right. They were late getting out of Nashville, By the time they arrived in Charlotte---1 a.m., the airport was closed! They had to wait on the plane until they could call in two workers who had to do everything---guide in the plane, move the jetway, unload the plane and put the luggage on the carousel. We couldn't believe an airport could just shut down when they still had a plane on the way!

Wednesday morning, we headed downtown to do the Liberty Walk. We had never been downtown Charlotte before What a beautiful city!






 There were many fun things to see along the way. We also found a couple caches. We had lunch downtown at a place called Sea Level. The food was good, but the service was poor.

The guys did this for the afternoon---just relaxed---while we girls did all the food prep for Thanksgiving day. It only took about an hour with everyone helping. After, I napped (I always do). We spent the evening around the fire pit. We had hotdogs and smores. Sandy had made her delicious hot chocolate recipe in the crock pot that some of us added Bailey's to. It's so good! When I asked Mitchell to make me a second cup, it turned out that the hot chocolate was about gone. For that second one, it was Bailey's with a shot of hot chocolate! It was still good. After about 5 hours, I was ready for bed. The rest of the gang stayed out another couple of hours. It was almost 11 when I went in. I tend to be the first to bed, but you can see, it's not like it's 9 p.m.!

More to come.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, the ladies in the kitchen and the men relaxing with a beer? I think you more than deserved that Baileys Hot Chocolate! (To be honest, sometimes a man 'helping' in the kitchen is more of a hindrance than a help so I'm sure you all managed perfectly well without them!). Sounds like you have had enjoyed a great family time together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.