Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Operation Organization

I have nuttin' for you for "What I Buy Wednesday"---all Christmas gifts. But, I've been dying to post this! It's life changing, I tell you, LIFE CHANGING!

I've said many times that I clean out my closet every January---without fail. That's how I like to start the new year---off right!

By this time of year, my closet is starting to look like this:
 Things are getting a little messy. Colors are out of order and the piles are no longer neat.
But sweaters have to be folded, right? Otherwise they get those bumps on the shoulders from hangers. Of course, when shoulder pads were "IN" (I still miss them---they took 10 lbs. off the hips), you didn't have to worry about the bumps. WRONG! They don't have to be folded after all!

Well, there's a blog I follow called ---One Good Thing. They have all sorts of tips and tricks. This one is LIFE CHANGING! I know, I've already said that, but I can't say it enough. Life changing. This is the best way I've seen for storing sweaters. Hang them up! Yes, hang them up without those little shoulder bumps.

Here's a little step by step for you.
Fold your sweater in half and lay it on the floor---I would have to use the bed if my carpet wasn't new--or clean.
 Place the hanger in the armpit.
 Fold each side over.
 It will look like this until you turn it right side up.
 Then it will look like this---ready to hang.
You can see the two I have hung here---they don't take up much space at all! (Side note---one thing that doesn't change throughout the year---my clothes stay color coordinated.)

Now what am I going to do with those empty shelves? Hmmm, I'll definitely have something to post for "What I Buy Wednesdays"---soon!

In the meantime, tell me what you think if you try this. Send me a couple pictures and I'll post them here!

3 comments:

  1. I store my jumpers in drawers, I used to just pile them in like you do on a shelf. But now I fold them using the Marie Kondo method (there's an article here https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/fashion/style/news/a40697/howto-fold-clothes-konmari-marie-kondo-method/
    They take up hardly any room and as they stand up straight, it's easy to find the one you want. It's made my clothes storage so much tidier - which meant I had space to fill with new clothes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these tips are useful - I don't have much hanging space in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, what a useful way to hang sweaters ... although I don't actually have any in my wardrobe at the moment. :| I cleaned out all my old sweaters a few years ago & the last couple of winters have been so mild that I haven't picked up any more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.