Saturday, November 3, 2018

It's Fall Y'all!

There is so much happening in the fall when it comes to the garden. I've missed my camellias blooming every year because I had no idea that they bloomed at this time of year.




 They smell divine. They are loaded with blooms. I literally need to take time to smell the camellias!
 Another thing I've noticed this year in the garden---my lilacs are blooming again.
 I had no idea they bloomed twice.
They are so cute and aromatic too! I guess I never noticed because the bushes aren't as full as they are in the spring.
 Fall is so pretty in my own back yard.
And then there's this. The sugar maple we had planted in Jackie and Greg's yard in memory of my brother. I'm so happy that Jackie sent me this picture. The tree is brilliant in its fall colors.
 There's still plenty of green  in my backyard too.
 The flowers on the patio are still looking good.

Things are not only blooming in the garden, but indoors too!
My cousin, Chrissy shared these pictures of her fall decorations with me. She makes her own wreaths and decorated hats.
Chrissy texted me that she loves doing her mantels in contrast to me and my tables. She does a beautiful job! I appreciate the work involved in transforming our homes for the seasons.


Welcome indeed! She has such a warm and inviting front porch!
 And now it's time to get ready for winter.



The pansies are in and will add color through the dreary winter months. They will be plush and gorgeous in the spring.

So that's what's happening this fall in my garden. How does yours grow?

2 comments:

  1. It is all still so green at yours! Your cousin's decorations for her porch are lovely. I like pansies, and have been busy planting bulbs for colour in the winter and through into spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what lovely fall photos & unexpected blooms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.