Thursday, November 29, 2018

This and That Thursday

So I shared my Target experience yesterday. What I didn't share is what I didn't buy. Target has some really awesome stuff---if you need anything. Here are some of my favorites.
 If you want to do "Elf on the Shelf" without much of an investment, Target has this cute little guy for under $3.00.
 All of the candle holders are super cute and great, non traditional Christmas colors. They would work all year round. The stockings are really cute too.
 And then, of course, Target sets up booby traps throughout the store. These trees literally jump out at you and catch on your cart or clothes. The next thing you know, you've drug a bunch off the shelf!
 These are adorable--tiny ornaments. They call them gift toppers, but if you had one of those little trees above, these ornaments would work perfectly. They are ceramic too---not plastic.
You can't beat the dollar bins where not much is a dollar anymore. Most things are $3.00 or $5.00. These cute appetizer plates come in sets of two for 3 bucks. Same with the ornament placemats. Really cute.
 Colorful bottlebrush trees were a dollar. The package of large pom pots were $3.00. Thinking I could make a wreath with them, but I don't need any wreaths.
 These little twinkle lights are cute for $3.00. They are perfect to add to your table or mantle decorations.
I picked up a box of the pumpkin twinkle lights only to discover that I already bought a box the last time I was there!
 The placemats were really worth it---5 of them for a buck. Paper, but still really nice.
 I was very excited about these place card holders. $3.00 for a pack of two. Tiny mason jars with winter snow themes. These are going to be on my Christmas table.
 Target had so many different star tree toppers. This picture does not do them justice.
Such a large selection---these would be hard to pick from.
These candles were in the dollar bins for $3.00. They smell divine. I didn't buy any, so I don't know if they would continue to smell once they are lit. If they do, then they are quite a bargain.
 The wrapping section has some really cute papers and tissue.
 These glasses are plastic, but still, a pretty good bargain at $3.00 a pair.
 This ornament tree was really nice as were the glitter reindeer. I already have some other glitter reindeer, but I particularly liked the white ones.
 Low and behold, someone creating for Target stole my idea for those pom poms. I was really tempted to bring some of them home. The girls love craft projects. Getting us together to do them is the bigger challenge.
These ornaments were really stunning. Since I need an ornament for the upcoming exchange, I thought I'd get one of these light up glass ones. Turns out this is just a display for the different lights they carry. When I asked the stock person about them, she took me over to some smaller, crappy, cheap, clear plastic ones that she said I could pry open, fill with these lights and glue back together. I looked at her like she was nuts. Did she really think I would go to all that trouble? Plus, she failed to mention that there would have to be a cord and a battery pack sticking out somewhere! What a dumb idea. Just sell these. That's a missed opportunity if you ask me (which no one did).
The furry throws and those dotty pillows were adorable. But, I have all of my needlepoint pillows, so wouldn't have anyplace to put them. I do love that little tabletop tree too!

So there is my report of fun and festive things that Target has right now. If you need anything, you better not wait. They go fast. Seems I'm not the only one who can't resist things.

I'll be posting some decorations of mine, family and friends soon. I love doing that. If you have anything you'd like to share, send me your pics and I'll post them!


1 comment:

  1. I applaud your restraint. The last time I went in Target for a shower curtain liner (which they were out of) I came out of the store with $113 less in my wallet. Mostly from the Christmas department!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.