Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Travel Tuesday

This post isn't really about my beach trip. It's more about what was happening at home when I was gone. 

I took a chance and left a list of chores for Butch to do while I was gone. I say "chance" because I know he doesn't like lists like this. 
Especially this long! 
When I got home, it looked like this:
So, while I was doing this:
Relaxing and enjoying cocktails during incredible sunsets you can only find at the beach! He was working his heart out!
I took a picture of a beautiful sunset at home:
It was pretty, but nothing like the unobstructed view at the beach. We were having happy hour on the porch with Stephanie, Nicky, Mindy & Justin.

Through the course of our conversation, Butch mentioned the list. And then he said that he didn't understand about the "bins" in the mudroom. We have these wooden built-ins that lift up for storage. I call them bins--Mindy knew what I was talking about. Steph said they were window seats. Yeah, that would be right if there were any windows in sight! But the funniest thing was that Butch thought I was referring to the Christmas "tins" on top of the refrigerator in there! I told him that I would have been pretty mad if he'd painted my tins instead of the bins! In all fairness, I guess you could consider the tins as cookie bins. I think he's got it now!!

I'm just happy that he did just about everything on the list! Nothing like being on vacation while someone is doing all the work!



1 comment:

  1. How lucky you are to have a Butch! What a great husband to get all (nearly) the jobs done. I think he deserves a week at the beach now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.