Saturday, December 4, 2021

Something for Saturday

I'm so happy to share this post today. There's nothing like enjoying a newly re-decorated house---even if it's someone else's! Especially when you are in the midst of your own remodel. It gives me hope that ours will finally be finished. Case in point---it took nearly a year for this one!

Connie invited me to see Amanda's newly finished remodel. I was so excited because I've been hearing about her ups and downs for almost a year. Amanda is Connie's daughter and Sandy's childhood friend. She's a sweetheart! I was so excited for her. Before I begin, let me say that Christy handled Amanda's project too. Christy does it all--for all of us!

Amanda's house is beautiful! Check it out:
New hardwood floors throughout, new lighting, furniture, rugs--everything. It was Connie's idea--she was quick to point out--to open up the stair with the bannister. Before, there was a half wall there. By doing that, it made the entry look much larger. Good idea Connie!
This picture is looking from the dining room to the living room and entry. It's a wide open, large space. Just beautiful.
Updated dining room.
The hardwood floors unified the entire space and look so pretty. Nothing like white cabinets to freshen everything up.


In the rec room, Amanda wanted to change it up from all the blue of the first level. This is perfect! I love the green. 

Everything looks so good. Honestly, it looks like a brand new house--all fresh and clean. Actually, I guess it is. 

Oh, and then, as if getting to see her beautiful house wasn't enough, she gave us a bag of Chex mix as a welcome gift! I told you she was a sweetheart! 

After our home tour, we all went to lunch together. When we were dropping her off, I noticed this:
The house next door had a book box! I just love coming across these everywhere. That's what the world needs--more books!
This is the first one that I've ever seen that was decorated! So darn cute.

As if this wasn't enough for one day, we ended with book club at Connie's. 
She set a beautiful Christmas table for us. There's nothing that will get you in to the Christmas spirit faster than a beautiful table. At least that's my opinion. I love a beautiful table.
I'm not saying that because I'm the one who did this one---several years ago. I'm saying it because not only is it true, but I'm impressed that she took a picture and sets it up every year just like the first time. But the truth is, it's really easy to do. Just gather up some of your favorite things and bunch it all together. You can't mess it up. Good job, Connie. Just gorgeous! 

Can you tell that I love these girls! I feel so lucky to have them in my life!



1 comment:

  1. What a great redecoration project - I just love the grey and green room, such high ceilings! Makes it all seem so spacious. I also love the ceiling light in the lounge area, it has the look of something you may find in a castle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.