Sunday, December 5, 2021

How About...

...a little holiday cheer!

1. Several years ago, Sara, my garden girl, started making winter pots. I just love them. They are so beautiful and lush.
There's one on each side of my front door. They are so full with different textural elements. They last all winter.

She did Stephanie and Nicky's pots too.
They put lights on theirs. That looks even better!

2. This was the first Christmas card we got this year:
Cute, but nothing unusual---until...
...you turn it over. How clever is that? And LaRue is adorable too! She is so smart and really quick witted already for such a little thing! Or maybe, it's just the 'ol "out of the mouth of babes" thing!

3. There are so many different types of Advent calendars out now--wine, beer, Legos, the regular chocolates and many more. Sandy picked this one up at Disney:
It's a Disney charm bracelet. Each day is a different charm! So cute. Stephanie and Mindy missed it. I said that's why we always need to have "show and tell" when we're traveling together. 

Elizabeth is obsessed with Sephora. I got her this Advent calendar. It looks kind of unusual.
I like the pink, red and green color combo. I'm glad the numbers are mixed up. I like that better than all in a row. I don't know why. I guess it's fun to search for the number. Sort of like a game.
She sent me this picture with her first surprise. It's nail polish! Actually, I love Advent calendars---and I love that there are so many different choices these days.

4. Sandy sent me this picture of their tiny elf's first appearance this year. 
Crystal bowls full of sparkly ornaments is one of my most favorite decorations. You can never go wrong with that. It's always so pretty and makes such a happy statement!

5. We always like to do something festive to kick off the holiday. As if Disney wasn't enough, we went to our Schermerhorn Symphony Center to see The Muppets Christmas Carol. If you've never seen it, it's so cute. Definitely one of my favorites. I'm sure you can find it on Disney + or maybe Netflix.
Anyway, the symphony plays the musical score while the movie is playing. It was soooo good. We did this a couple years ago--it was Home Alone that time. It was really good too. It's just so much fun. We get a box so we have plenty of room all to ourselves! Oh, and dinner at 60 Vines at the new City Center was delicious too. We don't go downtown very often. It's wild and crazy down there. To me, the streets are crowded like New York--and I love New York, but it's better because there is music blasting everywhere! Plus, with all the neon lights, it's pretty and colorful. Seems just like Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.