Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Travel Tuesday

On the way back from the beach last Tuesday, we stopped on the way home.

We stopped at this little town where some local artist started carving in to dead trees in this little park.

 Now it's become a tourist destination.
 We did a drive by of F. Scott and Zelda's home.

 You could tell that this was an upscale part of town---still is. Like most cities, people are renovating these beautiful old homes.
Just a couple doors down from F. Scott's, I saw another sign. I had Butch back up. It was the home of   Helen Keller's sister, Mary---who Helen visited. The home wasn't open to the public so we just read the sign.

After strolling through the park, (we actually did the drive by of F. Scott's first), we stopped for lunch. Since we were in a little town, there weren't many choices. We went to Jack's--which I thought was Jack in the Box. I don't know if it's the same or not. All I know, is that they didn't carry the tacos---which is what I really wanted!

This was another one of those fast food places that had a sitting area with a fireplace and television. I guess they want to seem more like a coffee shop meeting place. That was fine with us as we watched (or, rather, listened to) Judge Judy while we ate lunch.

But this was the most interesting thing in the restaurant. They had regular bathrooms in the back.
This sink was right in the eating area! I've never seen this before. Of course I used it!! It felt a little weird.

That's it for our recent travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.