Thursday, August 2, 2018

This and That Thursday

Well, you know I like having a blog purpose for each day of the week. Soooo, I've decided to call my "few things" posts "This and That Thursday. Here goes:

 My brother, Matt with his youngest grand baby---Reese. She is so sweet! Always smiling!
 This is her one year old birthday.
 I was in St. Louis over the 4th of July. Janet, Karen and I visited the Missouri Botanical Gardens for this event.
 This was the best part of it. We didn't love it. We're glad we experienced it, but we don't need to go back, nor would we really recommend it.
 Okay, so you can't really tell by this photo, but my Cutco table knives had gotten to the point that you had to scrub them every time you used them. They were unsightly with rusty looking spots. I contacted the company and they said to send them in. I thought they were going to somehow professionally clean them. But no...
They just sent me brand new ones! When they say "life time guarantee" they mean it!! My knives were at least 25 years old---actually, closer to 30. Anyway, they are the BEST knives I've ever known---anywhere. And yes, they are very expensive---but so totally worth it! I started giving my son-in-laws a knife or two for Christmas each year. I might stop now because I have no idea what they still need/want. I'll have to ask them. Still, it was great to have a built in Christmas gift idea for them each year. They love the knives too!
 Stephanie and Nicky's front yard is looking good!
You can't beat Annabelle hydrangeas for the show they put on!!
Here's me trying to get a good selfie. I just don't know how to hold the phone---plus, my arms just aren't long enough!
Packing for a 4 day trip---no suitcase necessary. My "ditty bag" takes up the most room! I always wear the same thing going and coming!
 Stopped at The Produce Place for some fresh veggies. I had to park in the back--which I've never done--and saw this door in the roof. I did a double-take. For a second, I thought I was back at the Winchester House!! Can you imagine having teens in this house. Talk about an invitation...
While I was in St. Louis, I stopped by Evie and Josie's house to see their grandpa's tree. They are so young that they will probably not remember him. We (my siblings and I) wanted something that might continue to be a point of reference for them of our brother, Ronnie. This has been a hard one to "get over!" I'm not over it yet.

That's "this and that" for this Thursday!!

1 comment:

  1. We have those same Cutco knives, although ours are still in good shape. I do need to send in a few (or take them by our local store) for sharpening soon. Good to know they really do stand behind them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.