Monday, August 13, 2018

The Golf Course

About a week ago, Butch invited me to ride along while he played golf. We started around 5 p.m. It was still hot, but not too bad.
Richland's golf course is beautiful. Of course I can see a bit of it while driving in to the club. But I had never been inside the course.

There's a little creek that runs all through the course. I forgot to take a picture of the waterfall.

The clouds were gorgeous too!

It looked like some storm clouds were rolling in. Still, he got to finish.

Butch didn't have one of his better outings.
The club just recently purchased two Civil War canons--not reproductions---the real things. I think it's a great idea to remind people that The Battle of Nashville took place here as well as the surrounding area. There is a glass case that runs the length of the wall in the club holding all the bullets, belt buckles, toothbrushes, cups, buttons  and various other items they found during the excavations. I think the club is about 25 years old now. We've belonged for about 20.




It was a beautiful evening. We didn't get home until around 7:30. You know what that meant? I didn't have to cook!!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely golf course, I can see why he wants to spend time there (even on a day when things aren't going well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like a beautiful day to spend together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.