Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...health care.

We hear about it all the time. I'm not going to get political here, but I just want to say, everybody needs it! Everybody.

I'm retired and on Medicare. Thank God I am! I just got my Medicare statement. I knew that Medicare was covering my monthly Xolair infusion--I don't pay a dime for it. That is now up to $7200 per month!!! I cannot imagine where I would be if I didn't have it. That's a lot of money for a single drug. I get that there are many, equally as expensive drugs out there. Those of us that need them--absolutely need them and the health care to cover the expense.

Also on this statement was the cost of my recent colonoscopy. OMGosh! It was $6,000!!! What? That's insane! Again, Medicare covered the entire bill. 

I don't understand why these things cost so much. Somebody is making a lot of money. I'm just fortunate that I have the coverage necessary to pay these bills. 

I've never really thought about health care all that much because we've always had it. And we've had good health care. I've never had to worry about it. But, my heart goes out to all the people that do. 

That's all I wanted to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.