Saturday, June 3, 2023

Something for Saturday

This was supposed to post yesterday, but I forgot to set it! So now it's "Something for Sunday!"

Oh New York...how I love you!! But the smells---not so much. It's the pot. It's everywhere. I actually saw a girl with a joint. It must be totally legal. 

Happy Birthday Sandy!! We're having New York Bagels!

On to other things:
1. Thursday night, we went to Soho (means south of Houston--pronounced "how-stun"--not like the city in TX) and walked around. We had never done that before. We did a little shopping, but as it turned out, most places had closed at 6--we were in a residential area--not so touristy. Then we continued on to Little Italy. We stopped at Dominique Ansel's Bakery where cronuts were "invented." The cronuts--a cross between a croissant and a donut were sold out. Bummer. Instead, we had "cookie shots"! 
It's a chocolate chip cookie made into a shot glass with some special Madagascan Vanilla milk. The milk was good, but I didn't care about the cookie. I don't like chocolate chip cookies without nuts. I need the nuts to offset that dark chocolate. Not a fan. In this picture, Morgan was having us do that "boomerang" thing with her phone. I was concentrating to get the movement right.

2. We continued on to a photo op:
Pretty weird for my taste--Audrey Hepburn collage. What's wrong with Audrey Hepburn all by herself? 

3. Dinner at Da Nico--Italian, of course.
I always love a restaurant with a tablecloth! The food was delicious--Mindy and I shared a pasta dish and a salad. Our waiter brought us--he didn't call them beignets, but that's what they were. He said he gives them to all the beautiful ladies. Obviously, he was working for a nice tip!

4. When I say New York is expensive, now you'll know what I mean.
Their dollar stores are "Everything is $7!!" Now that's expensive!

5. I have never seen this before.
Charging stations in a little park. The connectors were for everything from phones, Kindle , and some computers. Totally free. You can tell the signs of the times!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.