Thursday, June 22, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. Has anyone ever had a pineapple sandwich? Apparently, it’s a Southern thing. I  have a lot of Southern friends, but no one has ever talked about eating pineapple sandwiches. Tomato sandwiches—yes. That was foreign to me too. But I have to admit, I do like tomato sandwiches.


2. I would love to see a bird like this!



3. This is so true!
I'm beginning to think that since most kids go to college these days, there aren't enough kids entering trade schools. There are "help wanted" signs everywhere! Where the heck are all the workers? And what about the teenagers? There are signs at just about every fast food place, movie theater, and grocery store. Connie's grandson is working two jobs and pulling in some serious dough! Okay, that was a pun related to his pizza job!!

4. How beautiful is this?
I don't necessarily want all that stuff growing on my house (but I do like my English ivy which I thought was lost after our big freeze--luckily, it's growing back). But I would LOVE for my yard and garden to look like this!

5. 100 years ago every­one owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses. Ain't that the truth! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.