Friday, June 30, 2023

Friday Frustrations

For the most part, I'm pretty happy-go-lucky. But I am not immune to frustration. This week there have been a few.

1. I was at Kroger's and couldn't find something. First let me say, I don't like Kroger. The employees are so rude! I was on the canned vegetable aisle. There was a "stock" man very near me. I asked where the canned potatoes were. He said, "right in front of you." Well, they weren't quite. He didn't bother to move or show me. No problem, I found them, but not the type I was looking for. He had a huge load that he was shelving, so I thought he might have what I was looking for. He made no effort to help me. Publix employees are told that they have to take a customer to the exact location of what they want. That can be kind of annoying too. Okay, I know that's a little thing, but the Kroger guy is so frustrating.

2. Remember how I was bragging about finally getting some success with our security company? If you don't, you can read about that here. Well, they've completely ghosted me! First I emailed everyone I ever dealt with to get the ball rolling. Having heard nothing from anyone, I called the "guy" who made the decision that we could get our $2500 upgrade for $200 since we are 35 year customers and they have totally jerked us around for over a year. I think he was some sort of district manager. HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK! Butch hit the nail on the head. They are NOT going to give us $2500 worth of equipment and work when our service is only $25.00 a month. We are not worth it to them. The name of the company is Vector---we had ADS but they were just bought by this new company. So darn frustrating. 

3. And now, this is BIG! I had a hair appointment on Tuesday. As I pulled into the parking lot, I realized that Tara (my girl) hadn't texted me the day before to confirm. She always does that. So, I checked my calendar to make sure I had the right day. I went inside and a couple gals were talking but stopped to greet me. They asked who I was to see. When I said, "Tara", they looked at each other. Then one of them said, "Oh, she doesn't work here anymore." What??? You have got to be kidding me! They didn't expound with any sort of explanation, so I decided not to ask. Luckily, one of them had a client who was very late, so she said she would take me. 

Hairdressers (are they still called that?)--wait, maybe it's hairstylist! They are like doctors and dentists. You need a good one and hate to have to make a change. Now, I'm not even saying Tara was a good one. I liked how she did my hair, but she could be pretty unreliable--often calling me at the last minute to cancel. The worst was when I met a friend for lunch and parked at the salon to get a nice walk in. I got the call while I was having lunch! Then I had to walk all the way over to pick up my car when she cancelled. Bummer. I wasn't happy.

Wendy is the new one and seems very nice. She tried to find my formula amongst the records, but couldn't. So she pulled out this huge board that had all kinds of color sample bits of hair. That was overwhelming. I didn't know what to pick, so I let her do it. She said we would tweak it until she learned what I wanted. I actually like how she cut my hair better than Tara. 
She gave me more bangs, which I like. My hair is very fine and tends to fall in my face. Now, the part that usually falls in my face is actually part of my bangs. 
Butch said that he thought it was a little too dark. I don't think so. The color will fade in about a week or two anyway. 

The only problem with Wendy--actually, it's not her problem, it's mine--she's very expensive. Not any more expensive than most other hairdressers, but about 10 years ago when my favorite retired, I didn't want to pay the going, exorbitant rates. Now I have to. It's either that or go gray and I'm not doing that! It's just not for me.

4. This weekend just about the whole family will be in town for several "events." We planned to have Elizabeth's graduation party at the pool with a barbecue. Now, it's going to storm. Dang it. It never fails! This is majorly frustrating. 

5. As you know, I like to do things in fives. But, I couldn't come up with a fifth frustrating thing. It's so frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. I think the new stylist has done a great job! You need to update your photo at the top of your blog - you look so different nowadays! It's so expensive to have your hair done isn't it? Especially if you go regularly every six weeks. And it always makes you feel better when you come out with a new style or colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to change that picture and the look of my blog. I have my granddaughter working on it for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.