Thursday, June 1, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. How beautiful is this?
Someone took an old china cabinet and turned it into kitchen cabinets. Not only is it beautiful, but cheap too. You can find this kind of furniture pretty cheap---if not FREE. I love it and wished I'd seen it before I spent a kazillion dollars on my custom one:
I mean, if it's going to be painted anyway, why not! I love mine, but the re-purposed one has much more character. 

2. Seen while in Starbucks, NYC
I'm pretty sure most successful people would agree with this. 
I have never seen so many mobile orders! It takes two people to keep up with them. There's another table behind them that hold the food orders.

3. Mindy treated me to Shake Shack for lunch. Even though we have SS in Nashville now, there's still something special about going in New York--sort of a tradition.
There was a tiny little park outside with tables and benches. We found a spot in the sun--it's chilly here--70s but breezy.

4. The main reason we love and come to New York is for the theater. We're seeing three productions this trip.
Our first performance was Without You--a one-man show about Anthony Rapp--lead character, Mark in Rent. It's based on his memoir of the same name. 
Mindy gave me the book on Sunday and I whipped through it in preparation for the show. It was excellent---the book and the show. We've been fortunate to see Anthony in several Broadway productions. In fact, I took my niece, Ranya years ago to the Fabulous Fox Theater in St. Louis to see him along with Adam Pascal in Rent there.
Jordan loved it too. She said that she introduced Robbie to the movie (which starred almost all of the actors who originated the roles on Broadway). He didn't really know anything about it but loved it. She said she's been listening to the music a lot. I take credit for all of the girl's love of musical theater as I played nothing but show tunes in the car to and from school when they were growing up! That makes me so happy!

5. Now this is downright eerie. I cannot explain it.
So, I listen to podcasts in the car, which is why the "media" icon is lit up. But on Monday, all of a sudden, this popped up. I was reading the book Without You but it's a print copy--not my Kindle. So there's no logical reason this song would have popped up in my car from my phone! I don't even really know how that's possible. I must have the album on my phone--I guess it's in iTunes or something. I do listen to music on my phone occasionally, but I subscribe to Sirius radio and Spotify. I guess I should have saved this for Monday Mystery!




1 comment:

  1. What a clever conversion of the china cabinet. Although I must say, your built-in cabinets are a lovely shade. What is that called?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.