Wednesday, December 28, 2022

What I Didn't Buy Wednesday..

...my Christmas gifts. 

I guess I was a really good girl this year because I got a lot of really nice things! A lot!
They all know me so well! 
I love Kate Spade (new shoes and earrings), musical theater (I got 3 DVDs for my scrapbook room), the queen, traveling (hence the four plates), massage, and anything Apple (air tags). There's a really soft nightgown and a jacket perfect for traveling. Mindy gave me a tube of her favorite cuticle cream. I agree with her, it's amazing! And the fact that it's called Londontown seems like a sign, because everyone knows I love London too!
I love Russell Stover chocolates, learning new things (scarf folds), and new dishtowels. I asked for the mini light for my stitching and the new crockpot because I needed a family-sized one! I'll be using it on New Year's Day for Morgan's family party that she is hosting and cooking for.

But the biggest surprise of the evening was the playbill signed by--one of my Broadway crushes! Stephanie and Mindy waited outside the stage door to get this autograph for me. It says: "To Barb, Adam Pascal." Love it too! When I saw Pretty Woman with my friends, it was too late to wait. I'm so happy the girls did it for me! I saw Adam for the first time in Aida and then in Rent, Memphis, Something Rotten, and Pretty Woman. He's so good and I'm thrilled to have his autograph. Now I can't decide if I want to hang it or scrapbook it.

We had a great Christmas, but it went by too fast as always.

Luckily we still have a couple family things. Tonight everyone is coming here for dinner. Our last time all of us will be together as Jordan leaves on Thursday. The girls are coming early so we can discuss the book we read--The Nurse's Secret. I have a little work planned for everybody: 1. I have a lot of old Christmas garlands and wreaths that I want to be hauled down from the attic. 2. The "boys" need to carry "nutty" back around to the garage--that guy weighs over 100 lbs.. 3. I need the "boys" to switch out two mattresses in preparation for our new bedroom set--coming in January. All of it together won't take 15 minutes. 

With all the cooking I've done over the weekend, I'm giving myself a break. I picked up a Honey Baked ham and turkey, 3 types of bread, 3 types of cheese, and assorted chips. For dessert, we're having warm brownies with peppermint ice cream--Jordan's favorite. 

Depending on everyone's schedules, there may or may not be games involved!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.