Thursday, December 8, 2022

Five Things Thursday

As you read this, I will be in Quebec City at a German Christmas market. So, I've decided to devote this post to Christmas things.

1. I love this original book passed out to Montgomery Ward customers in the 1930's.
If you are interested in the full story, you can read it here. Since I love the old-fashioned graphics and fonts of this book, I thought I'd see if I could find it on Ebay--not to buy, but just to see how much something that was once free would cost today. There are several ranging from $56.00 to $120. Now, if I happened upon one at the Christmas market for a much more reasonable price, I just might succumb to a purchase!

2. As you are hustling and bustling about with your holiday chores and shopping, remember this:
So true! Remember I want my tombstone to say "she was nice." I try to be.

3. I love this so much! A Christmas tree made out of vintage jewelry. Such a good idea.
I saw something similar to this years ago which prompted me to make my own:
I actually made several of these for gifts. They are not all vintage pins--I picked them up after Christmas for half price and at flea markets and antique shops. All I did was pin them onto heavy black felt and took the glass out of a pre-make 8x10 frame. Very easy. I think this is about 20 years old by now.

4. As you are getting ready for holiday parties--this would be a show stopper:
I think it takes a whole box of toothpicks and about 3 days time!

5. I want to visit a place like this:
Is this gorgeous or what? Looks like it could be Main Street Disney--if Disney were this cold!










2 comments:

  1. Oh that last one makes me want to find out where it is and go for a preChristmas visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of Christmas tree art from old jewelry. That might be an idea for my MIL's unused costume pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.