Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Fashion Sense--or Lack There Of?

Last week, I was talking to my friends about wearing the same clothes a couple/few days in a row. Actually, Connie started it many years ago saying that she put the same clothes on and wore them all weekend. She still does.

I said, that I'll wear the same outfit if the people I'm going to be around are different. For example, I wore the same outfit when I played bridge last week, went to dinner with friends and then lunch with other friends. 3 occasions--same outfit. 

When Nancy walked in to the ornament exchange, I noticed that she was wearing the same thing she wore at lunch. Now that could be a "no no!" But since Connie and I were the only ones who saw her--and the current gathering was much larger--she got a "pass!" She did thank me for calling her out. Happy to be of help!

Christy was sitting next to me at the exchange and said, "I realize that I wore this same outfit when I met with you two weeks ago." To which I replied, "With those boots and hose?" 

"Yes," she said. Well, okay then. It looks like this concept of wearing the same thing more than once really depends more on the age of the people you are with! I didn't remember a single thing she had on--and those hose were killer (black window pane check). She always looks so cute and put together (she is young). Plus, wearing the same outfit around the same people two weeks apart doesn't even apply here. The bigger question is: how in the heck did she even remember that? 

Hmmm, now that I think about it, Connie might not even realize she's wearing the same thing she wore the day before. The sure way I know that I'm doing it is that I haven't hung the outfit back up or put the accessories away yet. 

Anyhooo, do you wear the same outfit multiple times in a row?


2 comments:

  1. I try not to wear the same things if I am seeing the same people. Often I have to look through my '1 Second Everyday' journal to see what I was wearing when I last met a group of friends for dinner to make sure I don't wear the same thing. But then, if I don't remember what I wore last time, what makes me think that they will? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, if I wear something for more than 2 hours, it goes in the laundry basket, so no multiple days for me. After getting caught in photos of wearing the same thing at Christmas for 2 years in a row, I implemented a new rule of buying a new top/sweater every Christmas. I don't really notice if my friends wear something a lot, as more and more people are going to neutral wardrobes so it is even less noticeable. Unless it is "party ware" most clothes are just not that memorable to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.