Monday, December 19, 2022

Me on Monday

Last week was a really fun one for me. I love the holiday season and all of the fun festivities. But, it also requires careful planning to get everything accomplished. Luckily, Butch now helps me in the kitchen. 

Here's how my week went:
Monday
I started the day with a bridge party at the Centennial Club. It was so much fun--lunch was delicious. It was party bridge with only one winner. Not my favorite kind of bridge, but better than no bridge at all.

That evening, I had dinner with my St. Cecilia and Overbook mom friends. We all brought a dish and had a great evening of good food, a little wine, and lots of laughter. I got home around 9:30, but Butch was already in bed.

Tuesday
Butch woke up sick! I didn't know he was sick when I went to bed Monday night. I figured I was bound to get sick. (As of today, I haven't--considering he was sick ALL week--not Covid--he tested).

I had my duplicate bridge club Christmas party at Richland with Connie. That's always fun. The plan was that when I got home--around 3-ish, we'd start cooking for the holidays. Well, Butch had been in bed all day and in no shape to help with anything. I proceeded by myself and spent 2 1/2 hours. I made "his now famous Chex mix" from my mom's recipe. I got the bright idea to use pretzel balls rather than mini pretzels. 

Turns out, those suckers rolled all over the counter and onto the floor! I also made chocolate chip cookies, pistachio almond white chocolate balls, and pecan butter balls.

I moved upstairs to sleep.

Wednesday
I had my AYM meeting, Circle of Friends journal club, and lunch at my friend, Karolyn's house. I brought the champagne. It was a fun few hours.

I spent another 2 1/2 hours cooking again. This time it was spinach balls, chicken almond cheese ball, and sugar cookies.

Butch was still sick.

Thursday
This morning I made a trip to the grocery store before meeting Connie at the movie to see Fableman the story of Stephen Spielberg's life. Very good.

This evening we had our annual mother/daughter ornament exchange. I brought a little game to play with the little kids. I gave them each a wrapped box of chocolate-covered cherries. When they opened them, one of the little girls piped up, "I don't like these!" To which I replied, "Okay, then you can "re-gift" them!" I explained the whole concept of re-gifting. There's nothing wrong with it, but it has to be a "bonus" gift and not a way to cheap out and get away with not buying a gift.

Butch was still sick.

Friday
I had a great day at home just catching up on a lot of stuff: paying bills, gathering gifts and food I planned to take to Sandy's, cleaning up my scrapbook room, reading, a little more wrapping, and some final cooking---Carter's Favorite Cheese Ring to take to Sandy's. As a bonus, I was able to watch a movie--Prisoner--with Hugh Jackman, Terence Howard, Jake Gyllanhall, and Viola Davis. About halfway through, I realized I had already seen it. Still, I got to do some stitching while watching, so that was a bonus. 

Butch was starting to feel better. 

Saturday
We headed to Sandy's for Christmas with them for the weekend. More on that tomorrow!

Today, I'll be setting my timeline for the week to spread out the work and extra cooking. Still, there are a few fun things planned. More on that later.

I do hope your holidays are full of fun and laughter too!







2 comments:

  1. Poor Butch. Hopefully he is well on the mend now and will be back to 100% before the big day. It was lucky you had several fun things planned to do so that you were able to get out of the house and get into the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a busy bee. Glad Butch is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.