Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...the holidays. I love them! There are always so many fun activities going on. 

Take last Friday night for instance. It was our annual poker dinner. Our poker group has been going strong for about 35 years now. The guys play poker once a month--or at least they used to. It's hard now to get 5 guys together with everyone's schedules. We girls go to dinner. Then, once a year--in December, we go out together as couples. 

This year, everyone met at our house for cocktails and to exchange gifts. We all enjoy the gifts--maybe the guys not so much--mostly girl gifts:

I was excited to get this puzzle--just because this is my all-time favorite portrait of the late Queen Elizabeth the Great!





Okay, I don't know what's going on, but for whatever reason, I cannot post beneath the pictures right now. Sometimes that happens---things just get wonky.

Anyway, after cocktails, we went to Jimmy Kelly's where we always have a private room. We've been going there for the last 5 or 6 years. Jimmy Kelly's is a Nashville icon known for its steaks. The food is always good. But the best part is having the private room. 

Then, on Sunday, in honor of Mindy's birthday--and the fact that we're always looking for something festive to do--we went to the "Nutcracker Immersive Event." Butch and I had never done anything like this. I didn't know what to expect. As it turns out, this one was really for kids. 
Still, we had to take a picture. 

Afterward, we went to Bricktops for brunch. We had a good time along with delicious food. 

I love the holidays and all the extra activities--and they've only just started!! I hope you have a lot of fun things planned.



1 comment:

  1. There are some puzzles to be wrapped around here too. I love that photo of QE2 too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.