Wednesday, October 7, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday

I bought myself a new toy. I just couldn't resist. Did I need it? No. But the price was decent so I decided to "go" for it. 
I'm sure that only scrapbookers would know what this is. It's called the Gemini. It's another die cutting machine. This one is electronic because hand cranking is so tiresome! It works with any dies so I knew it would be perfect for my Quickutz collection. 

Of course, I had to try it out as soon as I got it.
It was so easy to use. Okay, cranking these letters is not really a problem. Where was this machine when I was teaching classes and had to cut a hundred of something?? 

I find that I use my Quickutz dies more than the Circuit because it's just more reliable. Invariably, the Cricut will mess up and I waste so much time messing with it. Okay, I'll admit, it's more user error than anything. Either the paper is too thick or too thin. The size is smaller/bigger than I wanted. Sometimes it even freezes mid-cut. Quickutz is once and done! You know what you are getting the first time.

Tomorrow, Pam, Karolyn and I are meeting Jeanne and Janet at the Memory Make Inn in Lebanon, Illinois. It's about an hour outside of St. Louis. We've been there twice before. We have our routine down. We meet at the Cobblestone Eatery for lunch. Then it's two and a half days of scrapbooking. So much fun!!

I had planned to take my new toy. But the Memory Make Inn has so many toys! Plus, mine is pretty darn heavy--about 20 lbs. And we'll be tight on space in the car with 3 of us and all our gear. We won't need it this trip, but I'll have it for when we go to Kentucky Lake!

We've also been buying a lot for our beach remodel. A. Lot! And wait until you hear what Butch had to say about that! That will be an entire post when I can show the before and afters. Or maybe I'll spread it out and start with the befores---soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand buying toys you don't really need because the price is right. That goes for all craft supplies. I have yet to open my Mini Minc machine bought ??? years ago, and I barely use the Cricut I just had to upgrade to, even though it's predecessor was still in pristine condition. It has only been my sister who started scrapbooking 2 - 3 years ago that has been nudging me to try things on the Cricut for her.

    It seems like I have been following you long enough to have already seen one beach house redo - so yes I am interested to hear what Butch had to say. But then again, I feel like our last home redo was pretty recent, but I am reminded it was 2011, so almost 10 years ago. Yikes, these years are flying by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.