Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday Mystery

I saw these baskets when we were visiting Mooresville, Alabama a couple weeks ago. I had no idea what they were.
Then when I came across this one, I noticed the sticks in it. Then it dawned on me that they were supposed to be cute  trash receptacles! 

Now as I write this, it hit me. Are they early street lights? Literal torches? Seems like that is possible and would have been really cool. Just fill them with sticks and light them. What a clever idea---if that's really what they are. 

I guess the mystery isn't fully solved.

2 comments:

  1. How curious! It would be really intriguing to find out ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are a modern take on medieval torches - I've seen them when we have been sightseeing at historic castles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.