Saturday, October 24, 2020

Scrapbook Saturday

Two weeks ago, Pam, Karolyn and I met my sister, Jeanne and sil, Janet at the Memory Make Inn for a few days of scrapbooking. Here are some of my pages. I'll post the rest next Saturday.
"Meeting the Bishop"--Mindy's 2nd grade class hosted our new bishop. I used some vintage alphabet tiles from an old game. I used tiny tags and strung them for part of the title. Old cigar labels act as a resting spot for the banner.
"England"--we travel so much now (well, not in 2020), that I will only do a single layout to represent an entire trip. There is not a lot of room for embellishments so I just added a couple hand made blossoms from torn vellum layered with sewn bead centers.
"Suffragette TEA"--what a fun thing to do when we came out of quarantine! Journaling in the pocket.
"Gnome sweet Gnome"--the deal for my sister's log cabin. I used wood buttons as embellishments.
"My Favorite Vintage Piece" is our AYM topic this month. I pulled out my First Communion rosary, my mom's and another from my grandmother. Actually, putting them in a scrapbook seems like a great way to preserve them.
"Virginia, a true southern lady"--I used my blog post for the journaling.

As you can see, I am a pretty linear scrapbooker. I don't use a lot of embellishments--although I have a room full of stuff!!

More next week.


2 comments:

  1. A great bunch of layouts! I really like how you've scrapped some new memories and some older ones as well in this bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely way to ensure that personal items are valued and kept and their stories recorded - I love the way you've incorporated the rosaries. And a such a nice tribute to Virginia; it's great you were able to include photos showing her at different times in her life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.