Monday, October 5, 2020

Monday Mystery

They say everything is bigger in Texas. I don't know who they are, but I've heard it for as long as I can remember. It's a mystery to me. How can normal things just be bigger in Texas? You be the judge.

Janice has always saved dead bugs for the little nieces and nephews. Even I am intrigued by them. They are huge!

Obviously this is some sort of locust. It's silvery white.
I don't know what this is, but I would die if I encountered one! She said she had to get the exterminator out because there were so many. It looks sort of like a giant fly. Remember that movie from the 60's? If you look real close you can see Jeff Goldblum's tiny face! (If that's a mystery to you, then you are too young!)

I guess this is some sort of wasp. It was the biggest thing and so fat! 

Yep, bugs are definitely bigger in Texas. It would be a good place for entomologists to live. Would I ever move there? I don't think there's any mystery in that!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yuk! That waspy kind of insect looks like some huge hornet, I certainly wouldn't want to encounter one (or more) of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Well, we don't have any of those in our back yard. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.