Thursday, October 1, 2020

Five Things Thursday


1. A friend of mine posted this on Facebook---meaning I know the REAL person who posted this so it's really true!! I've never bought mangos, but now I might need to!
FYI
First off, I am very sensitive to poison ivy. I also love mangos.
Unfortunately, I learned the hard way...
I couldn’t figure out where the poison ivy rash came from!!
Mango is in the same botanical family as poison ivy. The sap of the tree and the rind of the mango fruit contain urushiol, the oil that causes the poison ivy rash. The pulp of the mango fruit does not contain urushiol, so if someone is sensitive to poison ivy, they can have someone else peel the fruit for them and then they can eat the fruit without harm.

2. While we're on nature, I came across this.
Okay, that's good. I thought they would turn out to be related to armadillos! Those things are nasty!

3. Defrosting the freezer has got to be the worse job! I only do it once a year. No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to get the freezer empty enough. I end up having to use every cooler and also moving as much as possible to the refrigerator/freezer.
It took me 6 hours! I'm fortunate to have so many beach towels because I use about 20 of them!! I do keep my freezer very well organized. In this picture, I haven't moved the stuff from the kitchen back yet. Hence the empty top shelf. At least it's done for another year!

4. Had a little mishap while making Peanut Butter Banana Pudding.
I put the peanut butter in to melt. It immediately started crackling, sparking, popping and caught fire! I immediately stopped it.
Turns out I didn't get every little bit of that foil lining. I just scraped the burnt part off the top and called it good! It didn't affect the dessert at all.

5. When I was visiting my sisters, we came across this "blessing box". I've seen the little libraries, but had never seen one of these. I've heard of them though. It says, "take a blessing if you need one, leave a blessing if you can."
Anyway, my sister, Janice put a dollar inside. About a half hour later, when we walked by it again, the dollar was gone!! I'm sure that's the dollar she won from me playing poker!!

It's October 1st! You know what that means?? Time to put out the Halloween decorations! Who am I kidding? I did it the second weekend in September! I went back and forth with myself as to whether I was going to bother with it this year. I talked myself in to if because I have some pretty cool Halloween needlepoint that I never get to see. Stay tuned....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.