Thursday, October 29, 2020

Five Things Thursday

1. We went to Sandy's for our needlepoint weekend. Her house was so pretty with her fall decorations. Even the porch was festive. One night, we had a fire and played games--so much fun and great ambience.

These little cute Peanuts characters and books are on the vanity in the powder room. I always say it's in the details!

2. Even Titan was all decked out. Notice "Lambchop?" He loves her. Elizabeth couldn't figure out why Sandy kept calling it "Lambchop." She had never heard of that. Honestly, I didn't know that Sandy knew what that was either. I think "Lambchop" was before my time! And I'm a child of the '50's. Mindy said it was on sometime when she was growing up. I really don't know a thing about that show.
Titan took quite a "shine" to Mindy. He was always hopping on her lap. I don't know why we should be surprised--everybody loves Mindy! 

3. Well, we made the Pumpkin Spice Martinis. They turned out so darn cute!
They tasted good too. We plan to make them again, but really don't need to do the pumpkin pie. We've already enjoyed that little garnish.
Making the drinks means making a mess! 

4. You might think Elizabeth is dressing as Elvira for Halloween with her long, long nails.
But, no. Apparently, this is the new fun style for teens right now. She's all about fashion and being on the cutting edge. We teased her about how she types, etc. But really they are fun. I can remember trying to glue pieces of cardboard on my nails when I was a kid to make them fun and long. Of course that didn't work. (I never said I was the sharpest tool in the box!)

5. So, "no," this was not the needlepoint we were working on. But I just couldn't resist taking the opportunity to show off these beauties again!
I had so  much fun stitching this Halloween bookshelf. I started it last Halloween season. And then there's this one:
This is still one of my all time favorite projects. I have so many favorites now. (Sandy, I know you are reading. Notice the French knots that I used to make the drippy candle wax. They are all stacked up. Sandy said she didn't like the French knots on our project---and there are dozens of them. I love that stitch and told her that I was waiting for the time she'd say the same!)
As soon as I get out the Halloween stuff, I get this beauty out too. The season is so short not to enjoy them for as long as you can.

I hope you have taken some time to enjoy the changing season. It's getting chilly.  Time for fires, hot chocolate with Bailey's, candles and blankets to snuggle up in. I'm ready!

3 comments:

  1. Your needlework is truly amazing - such detail and variety! Glad those Martinis lived up to the hype :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, that needlework is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin spice martinis - count me in. Your last needlework is really stunning. (The other two are nice, but I'm just not into Halloween.) Kudos on all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.