Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Travel Tuesday

Last week, we went on another geo-caching trip. This time we went to McMinnville, Tennessee. It's the nursery capitol of the world. This little town has 450 nurseries. On the way in to town, I actually saw a billboard for a nursery "outlet." I didn't get to snap a picture. I thought that was funny. Now, what kinds of trees would you find in an outlet? Crooked trees? Trees missing a lot of limbs? Reject trees for one reason or another? Or even trees that were returned? I don't know what kinds of trees could be at an outlet. Maybe the next time we go there, we'll find it and check it out.

We stopped at many different locations. I was surprised at how many old houses this little town still has--or even had to begin with. 
I was happy to find another book box. That always warms my heart.

There are still several old and beautiful churches.
Butch and I both agreed that this was our favorite "find" here. This tree is enormous. It's hundreds of years old.
If you look real close, you can see Butch here. That gives you an idea of how huge this tree is. Unfortunately, we were not able to find the cache here. Maybe another time.

We had a gorgeous day. It's so much fun to just get out and do something unusual and educational--not that I remember any of it for longer than a day! Still, it gives us a reason to explore what is around us. And gives us something to do together. Since my "Movie Monday" with my friends is not happening right now, we'll be using that day for our geo-caching day. We have so many fun places to visit within an hour and a half away. So many adventures to come.

1 comment:

  1. That is a big tree! I didn't realise how big it was until you see Butch there to put it in context!
    Those book boxes are such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.