Thursday, April 30, 2020

A Few Things Making Me Happy


 Sandy and family bought a new boat!! When I saw this on Instagram, I splurted my tea!! I'm telling you, Legos has made some money on our family!!
 For dinner on Tuesday night, I made us shrimp Louie salads....
 ...with homemade thousand island dressing. So easy:

Thousand Island Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 T. ketchup
1 T. white vinegar
2 t. sugar
2 t. sweet pickle relish
1 t. onion, finely minced (I used about 1/4 t. dried)
1/8 t. salt
dash of pepper
Mix together and refrigerate.


Since I boiled eggs for the salad, I made a few extra for egg salad. I had a salad plate for lunch the next day. I had some of the leftover shrimp along with cottage cheese and frozen cherry salad. It's nice to have that in the freezer. No thawing necessary.
I took a little tour of my gardens to see what was in bloom. This climbing white hydrangea has been here for over 20 years. It's healthy and happy, yet has NEVER bloomed. I guess I got a male plant.
 The English laurel I have planted around the patio is in bloom.
I just love mossy bricks! Years ago, I "painted" some stones with buttermilk because that was supposed to grow moss. I can't even remember if that worked. This is all natural.
I have two varieties of peonies. These are full of buds. They are the type that are huge double blooms.
These are already in bloom. Just the single type blossoms.
 My Henryii clematis is in full bloom. The blossoms are nearly dinner plate size.
 Usually the plant is covered in blooms. I'll have to remember to fertilize it this fall.

This beautiful lady is a friend of mine. She the mom of my friend, Madelyn (also named Madelyn). She lives in Mary Queen of Angels nursing home. Madelyn has not been able to visit her in two months. It's going to be quite awhile longer. She's  allowed to visit her through the window. The "home" is keeping them busy so she's not too lonely. I'm sure all the residents will be glad when this is all over. Per my friend, she wears her mask as an accessory! She is always fashionably dressed!
I thought this was pretty good. But as anybody who is a crafter knows, there's no way we can use up all of our stuff!!
 Love this. It's not time to let our guards down yet!
This really explains it. We all need to wear masks!

Well, I guess that's it for the things making me happy this week!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love peonies, it isn't quite the season for them over here yet though so it's lovely to see yours in bloom.
    That face mask example is funny - would you believe it still isn't mandatory to wear them over here yet? The logic being that if you don't wear the right kind, or if it doesn't fit properly, it can give you a false sense of security. Apparently there is science behind it but your quote about wearing pants makes so much more sense to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.