Thursday, July 13, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. No words needed.

2. Matt and I had to pose for a picture in front of this store. 
It was a clothing store. Unexpected to find our German name in Italy!

3. The Coliseum at night!
Stephanie, Nicky, Mindy and Justin didn't go with us. Butch and I have never been at night.

4. Still the shortest! 

5. Elizabeth thought this was so funny!
After a 3-hour Vatican tour, my neck was killing me from the weight of my purse. Butch always takes care of me! He doesn't care how he looks! I love that about him!


Oh, and by the way, remember how I have been talking about how hot it is here? Well on the news, they have been reporting so many deaths from the heat wave---12 straight days of 42C--which converts to 107F. We've been just going by our phones which seems to be hovering around 100-102. We come home soaked. I did not plan enough underwear. Wearing two pairs a day meant I had to wash some!! I did bring extra tops, so I'm good there. I always plan two wears for each pair of pants--that's been working fine. 

The heat is not interfering with our trip--with the exception of today. Rather than walk the mile and a half back from the "Cat Sanctuary," we took an Uber. At first, I was outvoted, but then when we got in the air-conditioned car, I was happy we weren't walking! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.