Sunday, May 16, 2021

Senior Sunday

It's been awhile since I did a "Senior Sunday" post. But I've got a good story--actually two!

The first one starts with my new phone. The deal was that if you turn in your old phone, then you get the new one for half price. I did it. When my new phone arrived, I successfully got everything transferred from my old phone all by myself. This senior was pretty proud of that. 
Old phone.
New phone. I just wanted to show my new glitzy phone case. I like sparkly things!! Found this on Etsy.

Anyway, back to the story. I packaged up my old phone in the box provided. The next day, I put it in the mailbox, but the mailman didn't take it. The day after, I took it and dropped it at the post office. It wasn't until the next day, that I realized I was supposed to have taken it to a UPS drop off! That's why the postman didn't take it! OMGosh! Now what do I do??

Okay, I'm making this part short. I spent about an hour--looking online, chatting with the TMobile and then Sprint, to find out what to do. I went to the post office first thing on Monday morning. The postal clerk---they are always so rude at our post office--- said, "It's gone." I asked what that meant. She said it went to central distribution. I asked what I could do to get it back. She said, "you can't." I'm starting to freak out a little since now I'm seeing dollar signs. I ask again, "What do you mean I can't get it back." She said that it would reach it's destination---eventually! Whatever that means!

It was stupid. I just didn't think. Now I guess I'll have to wait until I see the bill to find out if it ever arrived. Sheesh!

2. Now story #2 is even worse! I'm not going in to all the details, but I've needed a new Fitbit for quite awhile now. Not only was my old one inaccurate, it was acting up and wouldn't sync anymore. I NEED my Fitbit. It's my motivator. It encourages me to move more and park really far away--for those extra steps! 

I was complaining about it constantly. I didn't want to buy a new one because they do not make the style I like anymore. I guess Butch was sick of hearing about it because he told me to pick out any one I wanted---as a Mother's Day gift. Soooo, I did! I went for the cheapest one they had---$45.00. All I need is something to count the steps, but they don't make them like that anymore. (Let me insert here, that I could get by with a simple pedometer, but I like the technology and that it syncs with my phone and computer). 

So, I just went for the cheapest one.  I paid $7.00 to get 2 day shipping. I wanted to make sure that I would have it by the time I left for the beach to meet up with my sisters. It arrived. I was excited:
I was trying to get in the box when I noticed that the Fitbit was not included! What??? I had bought a band!! OMGosh!! And because it was a clearance item, it was not returnable. Now I was left with no choice but to buy the exact Fitbit that would fit the band. I didn't want to do it online since time was running out. I found out that they sell them at Target. Now that's a problem for sure. We have a Target very close to our house. But, Target is my kryptonite! More on that for "What I Buy Wednesday!" 

I got it.
I got it all set up and wore it to bed. This thing can do just about everything except cook! so I figured I might as well take advantage of all the features. I wore it to bed to learn about the quality of my sleep. When I woke up, I knew I wasn't going to like wearing it on my wrist ALL the time. I prefer the clip on style--which they don't make anymore. 

I went back to the internet to see if I could just carry this thing in my pocket rather than wear it. That's when I found out that you can get a clip for it! OMGosh! Of course I ordered it!

By the time all this was said and done, I could just about have bought an Apple Watch!!!

But, now, I have to admit. I do love this new Fitbit! I'll have to do an entire post about it sometime. It's just amazing! I'm still learning all the features. 

In the meantime, I'm having more and more senior moments. Butch said he's going to start checking my internet purchase. That might not be a bad idea!




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you did have quite the little ordeal there. I think the most senior thing I do is my resistance to new technology, wanting to hang onto the familiar and not have to "retrain". Although I usually end up loving the additional features.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.