Thursday, October 4, 2018

Our Soon to Be Little Nurse!

Our little Morgan---not so little any more---is graduating from college in December with a BSN in nursing. She sent me this picture yesterday---I had no idea nurses still wore this cap. Actually, they don't, so I guess this is just for the pictures.
 I just can't believe she's all grown up! Last week, when we took her to lunch, I had my first opportunity to see her apartment--even though she's lived there for two years! We just don't go up to Murfreesboro that often. We were supposed to help her move in two years ago, but that's when I broke my ankle. Butch had to go without me. Anyway, considering we called her with a half hours notice, I was impressed.
Her apartment is pretty spacious. Even though it's full of "hand me down" furniture and decorations, it really looks pretty nice.
Okay, maybe a little too much crap on the refrigerator, but then again, she's only 22!
The big dog is Walter. The little white dog is his friend that Morgan was keeping for her friend. But the most interesting thing in this picture is the mounted bass above the front door. Butch caught that bass in 1978 or 1979 when we lived in Louisville. I had finally convinced him it was time to get rid of it as we didn't have a place for it. Morgan wanted it! That made him happy--and me for that matter! I'm always preaching how our kids don't want our stuff. I was surprised that our granddaughter wanted it! She said it's quite a conversation starter! I guess we'll be keeping it in the family for awhile longer. Maybe Mitchell will take it next---it does seem more of a guy thing. But it's Morgan's as long as she wants it!
Her bedroom. My favorite thing here is:
Okay, I give up. My photos are not cooperating---again! After many freezes, I just have to go with them as they are. We'll get to my favorite thing in Morgan's bedroom in a bit.

 was most impressed with her closet. Butch joked that she cleaned it up since we were coming over. I said that there's no way she could have gotten it this organized in a half hour! She just wanted us to see how big it is for an apartment closet!
So now we get to my favorite thing in her bedroom---those vintage cameras! I started that collection for her years ago when she wanted to be a professional photographer. She loved them and looked forward to getting a "new/old" one for her birthday and Christmas. I had fun hunting them for her. They will be a nice addition to any decor she has in the future---even amidst books on a shelf.
Here's her family: Jordan, Nicky, Stephanie and Morgan.

We're so happy to soon have a nurse in the family. We couldn't be more proud of her!

As for us, we're happy to have one more college education down. Just three more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.