Wednesday, August 26, 2026

What I Buy Wednesday...

So, today this post is more about what we've saved rather than spent.

We've been having a problem with our fancy, schmancy, expensive sink sprayer.
Lately, it's been "sticking"--when you think you've pressed the button to turn it off, it doesn't press--keeping the sprayer on. We've made a mess more times than I can count. Butch realized that if you gently tap the sprayer on the side of the sink, it will pop up and disengage. That's been working for awhile now--although it's so hard to press, I can hardly get it to work.

Well, over the weekend, he was unable to get the sprayer to turn off. He ended up taking the entire thing apart--knowing that it might not be a good idea. But, I've said it before and I'll say it again. The guy can do anything!!! 

He said there were so many parts inside, he was afraid he might not be able to get it back together. He found what the problem was--a spring had rusted through. He went right to his little drawer full of springs. Who has a drawer full of springs? And where the heck did they come from? I swear, he saves and has everything. Unfortunately, amidst all the springs he has, none were the right size. Instead, he made his own!

The paperclip is just to show the scale. He had the right size wire. His homemade spring worked like a charm. He's not sure how long it will last, but for now, it's working! This little fix of his has saved us a decent amount of bucks rather than having to buy a whole new faucet system--because, of course, I would have to have it all match!

Yay for us! So instead of spending on this Wednesday, we've actually saved something!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.