Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Travel Tuesday--Taking Mindy on Vacation

We haven't had Mindy on vacation with us alone in I can't remember how long. Oh yeah, NEVER! Let's just say it's an experience! Here's how it's going so far:

Saturday
Butch's birthday. He left at 5:15 a.m. so that he can arrive in time to pick us up from the Panama City airport. He suggested that we fly because I had a credit to use on Southwest. In hindsight, I feel kind of bad that he had to make that 7 hour drive alone! Should have been the other way around---he fly with Mindy while I made the drive. Oh well.

Our first stop was Goatfeathers for lunch. We got there around 2:30 p.m. Mindy and I shared the Greek salad and the HUGEST scallops I've ever seen! As I type this, it just dawned on me--my sister, Jeanne told me that I needed to get those scallops. There were 5 of them and we couldn't even finish the 5th one. 

After unloading, I put everything away, while Butch and Mindy went to Walmart. We spent the rest of the day and evening sitting on the porch. Yes, it's hot. Yes, it's humid. But as the evening wore on, it was really nice. Butch opened his birthday presents:

He got the most awesome shirt from Sandy and Greg--Cinderella's castle. They got it when they were in Disney for spring break. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that we are a Disney family--for sure!
Mindy knew that Butch likes James Patterson books, so decided to get his memoir that just came out. She also got him a newer universal charger for all of our trips. 
A special appearance was made by this guy. He had scooped up a fish that was probably too big for him. We watched as it took a bit of time to swallow!

It was a low-key birthday, but we are having a family pool day on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day.

Sunday
Butch and I went to church. We had brunch at The Perfect Pig. When we got the bill, Butch said, "Funny, your mother and I eat for $30.00. Suddenly with you along (meaning Mindy), it's $80.00!" Mindy quipped that she's on an "all expense paid vacation." And boy is she! 

After brunch, we went to check on Butch's geo-cache at a pet cemetery. It's been stolen. I felt bad for him because it was the perfect cache for the place.
The cache was inside a real skull of some animal. 
Perfect for an animal cemetery!
It was really neat. Unfortunately, someone else liked it too!

We spent the rest of the day on the beach. It's hot and humid, but there was a nice breeze so that made it doable for me.

Monday
I went out and walked at 6 a.m. It was already hot. By the time I got back, I was drenched!

Mindy and I went for a pedicure, then we hit the pool. We went to Blue Mabel's for and early dinner. Another beautiful day. Tomorrow, Butch is taking Mindy fishing. I hope they catch something. 

And just like that you are up-to-date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.