Thursday, February 17, 2022

What's Happenin' List

Thinking: It's been quite a while since I've done a post like this. 


Thankful for: Friends who don't have Super Bowl parties without me!!


Cooking: I made French Onion Soup and Croque Monsieur (fancy grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with a béchamel sauce) for the family when they were here for Super Bowl.


Going: to a wine tasting at the Titan's stadium tonight. Our friends, Hugh and Pam, their daughter, Lauren, Stephanie, Nicky, Mindy and Justin are going too. It starts at 5:30 which puts us smack dab in the middle of rush hour traffic!! That won't be fun. But as they say, "it is what it is!" I hate that saying, but, well, "it is what it is!"


Wearing: Christmas earrings for Valentine's Day.

I made the green and red heart earrings work with a heart blouse from Talbots that has green and red hearts. Perfect for Valentine's Day!

Remembering: Childhood memories due to the weekly questions from Storyworth. I'm having such a good time with it. That was the perfect gift for me! I do love a good story!

Enjoying: my pink coat. 
It makes me happy every time I wear it! It goes so well with Virginia's scarf that I inherited.


Eating: 

Jeanne brought this on our scrapbook weekend. Oh My Gosh! It was so good! She got it at Sam's. I'm going to look for it. Sometimes we don't always have the same things. Some items are sold regionally. I do hope they have it.

Planning: The details of upcoming trips. I plan to work on them while we're on our ski trip next week. We're taking the grands--they are all over 25 now--so hard to believe. Butch will be skiing with them, but not me. I would love to, but I am not taking any chances. ANY!


Working: There's still more work to be done--always. I have a few more things I'd like to accomplish in my scrapbook room before I move on to the library.


Reading: I've recently finished two really good books: The Wives by Tarryn Fisher and The Vanishing Half by Britt Bennett. Definitely worth the read.


Needing: a new white waste basket for my scrapbook room. I can't believe how hard it is to find a medium size one. Butch found a small one---more bathroom size--at Home Depot. I'm going to try that and see if it works. 


Watching: The Promise Land--I think I've seen 3 episodes so far. It's really good. Butch started it with me, but he quit after the first show. He doesn't like things that go back and forth in time. I do.


Creating: Now that my room is clean, I can actually get to the creating part! I'll be putting some kits together this weekend.


Bumming: that when I ordered a new license plate, I didn't know the design had changed and that we had a choice. I would have picked the one that had a circular design of "in God we trust" around the Tennessee stars. Bummer!


Hearing:  For the longest time, I've been trying to find the movie soundtrack 

from Pearl Harbor. I finally did and have been listening to it constantly. It's just so soothing and great background music for anything--blogging, reading or scrapbooking! 


Weekending: This Saturday, Stephanie, Mindy and I are going to Cheekwood (our botanical garden and mansion/art gallery) for a vintage wedding dress exhibit. 


Choosing: We've started up Hello Fresh again. It's been quite awhile. We had our first box last week. The meals were just as good as we remembered. We enjoy picking out the meals. I pick what sounds good to me and then Butch picks what sounds good to him. We kind of make it an activity! Kind of goofy, but fun. Yeah, it's fun.


Imagining: what my garden is going to look like this spring and summer. I've hired someone to come up with a plan incorporating the flowers I want and then to do all the purchasing and planting. It's a large area and I want it to be solid flowers!


Making: many fires. I love a good fire. We are about out of wood and need to have another truckload delivered. We have a fire nearly every evening and probably 3 or 4 mornings a week. Then, if I'm home in the afternoon, I'll sometimes go in the library or living room and fire up the gas logs!


Listening: Also, I'm currently hooked on Walker Hayes and Dan & Shay. I'm continuing to be hooked on Chris Stapleton and The Osborne Brothers. Even though they are all country, I like a wide variety of music.


Learning: I need to change this to not learning. I desperately want to change my blog header and I just can't do it myself! I need to hire someone and don't know where to go for that!! I tried sending a message to someone on Etsy, but they didn't email me back. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. 


Well, I guess that's about it from around here.


1 comment:

  1. You look so different in that blog header! It's always good to have a revamp from time to time, hope you find someone who can help you. Do you have a grandchild you can call on?
    Now I've read this, all I can think about is Croque Monsieur - I think I know what I'll be making for my lunch ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.