Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...Walmart! 

Okay, I've already mentioned how I've become a Walmart shopper. Well, I want to amend that to say: "I am a Walmart "online" shopper!" I still cannot abide the actual store. 

Anyway, I've made a couple recent purchases--which I'll share on "What I Buy Wednesday" post whenever the items arrive. I'm pretty hooked on their home decor right now. You just can't beat the prices. Really, this is not an endorsement of Walmart. Just my personal opinion.

So, on to the purpose of this post. Did you know:
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day at Walmart? That's 36 million--every hour! Trust me, I don't spend that much, so it must really add up!

2. Walmart sells more from January 1st to St. Patrick's Day than Target sells all year! I sure hope that doesn't mean Target is in trouble. I LOVE Target! (After all, I worked there as a teenager! Way back when we had to count items for inventory. Even though I was a cashier, I was sent to a department to count. Ahhh, but I digress)...

3. Walmart is bigger than Home Depot, Kroger, Target, Sears, Costco and Kmart combined. (Are Sears and Kmart even still around?)

4. Walmart is the largest company in the history of the world! (Hmmm, bigger than Amazon?)

5. Walmart sells more food than any other store in the world. (I won't be doing that. It's impossible to find anything in the grocery section. At least it is at the beach!)

Whatever you think about Walmart--or--however you feel about Walmart--it's here to stay. Butch loves Walmart, so I guess that's a good thing. I just wish they'd spiff up their stores. But, I have to say, I haven't really seen those characters that are supposed to be crazy Walmart shoppers. Then again, I'm not in the store so who knows. Maybe they are there.

And that's what I'm thinking today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.