Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday Mystery

Well, I guess the mystery should be: How old is Barb, today on her birthday? That's not really a mystery. Although, I do have to do the math from my birth year. I can remember when I always knew exactly how old I was and often would count the half---like 10 and a half or 12 and a half. No more. I really have to do the math most of the time. 

Anyway, I was born in 1952. Doing the math this year is more complicated with having to borrow and carry and all. On the other hand, being just a year from 70 makes it easy to remember. Yikes---heading towards 70! Now that sounds OLD! I've never minded my birthdays, but wow. I just don't feel old (well unless I've done a full day of non-stop work!). I just don't feel old in my mind. I guess that's something. Maybe my body doesn't always agree.

Happy birthday to me! 

Now on to a real mystery. What the heck is this?
I discovered this at the grocery store. It made me gag a little. It looks so, so, so, not something I'd ever want to put in my mouth. Is it meat of some sort? Whatever it is, it's pretty cheap. Maybe it's fresh dog food or something. Whatever it is, I've never heard of it. This is the first time I've ever noticed it. Maybe it's something you have to cook, like sausage. Wait, maybe that's what it is. Souse could be some foreign word for sausage. 

Yes, I know I could look it up on the internet, but what's the fun in that? I'd rather find out if any of you know what it is and have ever eaten it. Let me know and I'll post the results.


3 comments:

  1. Do NOT google it - it really will make you gag! Over here it's called brawn and is something of an acquired taste ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you many happy returns of the day! Hoping that you really enjoy your birthday :). It's been forty-five years since I've eaten meat, so I can't help you with the taste of souse. But I think Debs14 is on the right lines!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.