Saturday, January 9, 2021

I Missed My Calling!

Yep, I did! I should have been a designer. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. I don't want to start a new career this late in the game. But I'm always available if anyone needs help. I do love it!

I already told you about the fact that this condo is from 1971. Other than the floor, everything else is original including the plumbing. We'll get to that. 

On the other hand some of this original stuff is downright charming:
The cabinets are darn cute. They've been painted a zillion times, I'm sure, but they are still cute.

All of the door hardware is like this. I didn't think it was original until I went outside to the storage unit. It has the exact same hardware. Now I know it's original. That really makes it special. 50 years old--can you imagine? The same cabinets and door handles for 50 years! Okay, the plumbing is not so nice. We're changing that.

Before:
After:
Just painting everything a light grey (the new neutral) and white really freshened and brightened up the place. Steph suggested painting the beadboard white. Good idea! As I've mentioned, we also had all the plugs and light switches replaced with white. The electrician was here for 2 1/2 hours.

Before:

After:

Fresh paint and some elbow grease is all it took to restore this kitchen to it's former glory. 

I'm getting this post ready on Friday night. We're moving the rest of the furniture tomorrow, so I'll give you the update on the rest of the place on Sunday. 

Until then, I hope y'all have a nice weekend. I need to go soak my aching feet! I put 13,165 steps and 8 flights of stairs on them today!









2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what else you have been achieving there! Our house is mostly pale greys and smokey blues - it makes a good neutral background doesn't it? Especially against pure white paintwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great with the softer neutrals against the bright white - you've done a great job. Hoping your poor feet have recovered after some TLC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.