Thursday, June 11, 2020

Five Things Thursday

1. I made this new casserole for my book club. It was really good, but a little dry. I'm going to make a few modifications the next time.

Chicken Noodle Casserole

12 oz. uncooked egg noodles
4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
3 cans of cream of chicken soup (the recipe called for 2---I'm adding another the next time)
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
2 cans mixed vegetables (the recipe called for 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables. I didn't like those crunchy veggies)
Salt and Pepper
1 cup Progresso Bread Crumbs Garlic and Herb (I used the Italian style)
Cooking spray

1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 baking dish.
2. Cook noodles.
3. Mix all ingredients (except bread crumbs) and add noodles. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread in baking dish. Top with bread crumbs. Lightly spray top with cooking spray.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes until center is bubbly and heated through. (I might cover with foil the next time. That could be why it seemed a little dry too).

2. Sandy's beautiful home.
When we got there, we were greeted by this:
 The guest room has a Disney theme. Subtle, not overdone at all--white down comforter and a black and white Vera Bradley throw. Our family loves Disney---and Sandy is our expert!

3.
 When we got home, these were in bloom on the side of the driveway.
I took a closer look and saw this. One of the grandkids made this for me. I cannot remember which one. I'm sure they'll tell me. I'm going to move it to a more prominent spot. It gets lost here.

4. I came across this photo on the internet. I just had to share it.
My mother had the entire set---Desert Rose. They were her everyday dishes. Her great-granddaughter, Jordan has inherited them.  They are currently stored at our house since she didn't move them to California with her. This table setting looks so nice. I love the pink glasses with them. Hmmm, maybe a good Christmas present idea!

5. This is some good solid advice!
I'm falling short on a few of them: water, meditation, 4 colors on the plate, 8 hours of sleep (at my age, that never happens) and 10 reasons to be thankful. I definitely am thankful, I'm just not mindful of 10 reasons a day. I'll have to give that a try.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that place setting is beautiful and makes me think that I 'need' to get some coloured glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.