Tuesday, June 2, 2020

A Few Things

I'm not a lover of these kinds of things. But this guy lives in the planter on the front porch. He kind of creeps me out.
The last couple of days, he comes to visit. He's not too shy. We're not sure if this is the same one we keep seeing over and over. We think he can change colors--here, he blends in with the brick. But I've also seen a silvery blue one. He's big--about 12" long and an inch wide. He's shiny and looks sort of fake.
 My Jackmanii clematis has reached the second floor. It looks pretty glorious.

This is the most interesting and beautiful flower I've seen on my walks in the woods. I'd like to have it in my yard!

We went fishing yesterday. Didn't catch a thing. I didn't get a bite. Butch got a nibble, but that was about it. Still, it was a gorgeous day. There was no humidity --which is so unusual for this time of year. It's usually so hot that it takes your breath away. We've had the mildest edge in to summer. It's been really nice.

Today, I'm having my first pool party of the season. We usually start them in May. But this year, May has been to chilly to get in the water.

We are going to Atlanta on Wednesday---Sandy's birthday. We're going to visit with Elizabeth after her surgery. This is our first trip since the quarantine. We're looking forward to it. We plan to do some geo-caching along the way.

And lastly, it's that time of year again.
My niece, Jackie designed a logo for me. She's going to use her Circuit (die cutting machine) to make bespoke t-shirts for me! We're all getting excited--just a couple weeks away. I'm planning on having a Zoom meeting with the kids to tell them some of the activities I have planned for this year.

Well, that's about it from around here. 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try a clematis - I see so many people like them and yours is pretty awesome.
    I enjoy reading your blog - it sounds like you have some great plans and I admire anyone who can have fun these days. Enjoy your pool and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.