Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts About....

...blogging. I've been blogging for 13 years now. It's hard to believe. In that time, I've written 2,276 posts. During that time I've had 345,009 page views from all around the world. Views from every state and countries including Germany, France, UK, Russia, Canada, Indonesia, Portugal, South Korea and Turkey. Honestly, I'd have to look on a map to know exactly where some of those places are. Geography is not my strongpoint. I've even had the opportunity to meet a few of my "blog" friends. I fellow many of their blogs too.

The stats on my blog gives me a lot of information---the percentage of people who are using a computer, iPad or phone. They tell me what OS they are using and what internet service. I don't really know why I need to know all that. And, really, I never look at it. I did it just today for this post. Still, it's interesting.

I have 30 followers. Considering I have around 150 page views a day, that number must be much higher. Those 30 are just the ones who've "signed up." I'm guilty of that myself. I follow over 200 blogs, but probably have only actually "followed" a handful on an individual blog. I use a blog reader that lets me know when one of the blogs I follow has a new post. I would never have the time to check 200 blogs a day.

My stats are really quite low for a blogger. I never wanted to monetize my blog. In fact there are a few blogs I follow that have so many pop-ups and ads that I'm about ready to drop them. It's just so frustrating to not be able to actually read the blog for all the crap in the way. Of course the "big" blogs probably make a lot of money that way. That was never a goal of mine.

I blog because...well, my reasons have been the same all these years. I do it to let family and friends know what's going on with us. I do it because I love to write. I do it because I love to tell a story. I do it because it's just another form of scrapbooking. In do it for the memories. I do it because I want to remember everything! I do it because I love it. It takes a lot of time. A lot. But what the heck---I have the time for it---most of the time.

So, I guess I'll keep at it.

In the meantime, you can read this post from 2007.  Why I Blog

Nothing much has changed. Except, those little girls have grown up. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to go back, and read about all the little things that went on back then. I would never have remembered if I hadn't written it down.

And, that's why I blog. And those are my Tuesday thoughts about it.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post.

    Really enjoyed reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up.

    Read my Latest Post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.