Saturday, September 14, 2019

Outside

Just thought I'd share a few outside things today. The last picture is going to freak you out. I can barely look at it myself. You've been warned!

 My "everlasting hydrangeas" were gorgeous this year. As beautiful as they are at first, they bloom sporadically throughout the summer. But, never all at once like this. I just love all the shades together.

I already showed the photo from my kitchen sink looking out. Here's the outside view. This is my favorite from all 24 years of living here. I'm going to remember this for next year. Plus, we bought larger plants to begin with and didn't have to wait all summer for them to be lush and full.

 I stepped out of the shower one day and found this guy staring at me! At first I was startled.
 He must have liked what he saw, because he followed me to the sink.

Actually, I was surprised that he did not scare. I got to see him really up close. I hate squirrels. They destroy the garden, dig up flowers, eat bulbs, empty the bird feeders and look exactly like rats with a bushy tail! And we have tons of squirrels.

Stephanie and Nicky invited us over last Sunday for the first Titan's football game. I snapped some shots outside.
 They have a nice covered porch that they fully decorated this year. I love everything about it!
She kept talking about party lights. I never understood what she wanted. Now I get it and I love them! Also, I love fans on porches. When we re-did our front porch, I completely forgot to have one installed. It's too late now. I'll have to wait until the ceiling needs to be re-done--which will probably be never! Besides moving some air, they keep the mosquitoes away. That's the best!

They've added a fire pit rather than a coffee table. This is pretty brilliant since there actually is room to set glasses and a cheese plate!
I just love everything about it. The porch is so pretty and inviting. Now I'm just waiting to be invited! I want to see those party lights at night. It will be fire pit season soon!

And then there's this at Stephanie's. The tree in the foreground---yes, that little dinky one---was planted the exact same time as the full one in the neighbor's yard in the background. They are the exact same trees and were the same size when planted. They get the same amount of sun. Butch and I went over in the spring and fertilized it. It's not much better than it was. It has to be a drainage situation.

Okay, here it comes. I warned you!
Is this freaky or what? This "frake" or "snog" was sighted in my cousin, Chrissy's garden. Obviously it's a snake eating a frog. I'm pretty surprised it got the frog. Eeek! I can't stand to look at it while at the same time, I can't take my eyes off it! I hate it. HATE it!

What an awful note to end on. I can't leave it like this. So here's something else.
Another plant from cuttings. They are so easy to grow in just water. Plus they can tolerate low light. I give them to the girls. When I do a trimming, I get at least two like this.

Okay, so that's a better place to quit.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the warning! It certainly does look like some weird hybrid creature - yuk!
    That porch is absolutely beautiful, I think I could easily live out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.