Thursday, September 19, 2019

Crazy Dreams

I don't know about you, but if I sleep too much, I have crazy dreams. I usually get up anywhere between 5 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Here's the thing. If I wake up---say even 4:45--and instead of just getting up, I go back to sleep, I'll have a crazy dream. Actually, mostly nightmares. I don't know why. It's weird. And, it has no bearing on what time I go to bed at night. Between 5 and 6 is my normal wake up time.

Sometimes on weekends, I like to wake up, stay in bed and read and then go back to sleep. Same thing---a bad dream. This story is not about a nightmare.

Well today (it's Sunday) it was a crazy dream. I dreamt about our house. I dreamt that when we bought the house 24 years ago, there was a doorway upstairs that lead to several more rooms. I've had  that dream before but in those dreams, that door lead to more bathrooms. We have six for real, so that dream was about cleaning more bathrooms---even though I don't have to do my own cleaning.

In this dream, I knew about the rooms when we bought the house, but never needed them, so never went in there. I got the idea that I was going to go in there because I couldn't remember anything about them. I knew that I had decorated them when we moved in, but didn't remember a single thing about them. I recalled that it was basically like an apartment---another living room, dining, kitchen, 2 BR and a bathroom.

Everything happened all at once. I opened the door and there were tons of people---a party was going on. My girls yelled "Surprise, mom! It's a tea party!" I couldn't have been more surprised! There's nothing I like better than a tea party.

There was one problem. They didn't know how to make tea. I started scrambling around to find teapots and tea cups. I was overwhelmed as the number of people kept growing. People I hadn't seen in years. People from old neighborhoods. People I went to school with. I was trying to remain calm as I made tea for all of them, filling sugar bowls, creamers---worrying about what I was going to do about tea foods. People were talking to me and I couldn't think. I was stressed for sure.

Then the dream abruptly changed. I was ready to open the door again. This time, all was quiet. I started roaming around and looking at everything. I stepped on to an extremely soft, pristinely clean, hideous, extra long, harvest gold shag carpet. I started to get excited because I knew I was going to re-decorate this space. I do love that!

I continued through the rooms. There was a closed bedroom door. When I opened that one, there was a person on life support in there. I tried to see if I knew the person, but I didn't. I silently backed out of the room. A nurse greeted me---cheerfully, I might add---not like I was in trouble. I asked what was going on. She said that she was from Hospice and they'd been there for over a year. What?? I was really confused. My first thought was, "Who gave permission?" And second, "Why weren't we being paid?"

Those were my last dream thoughts as I heard the "real-life" unloading of the dishwasher. Butch and I unload it together. Wherever we are in the house, whenever someone starts, the other shows up to help. Pavlov's dogs for sure.

Anyway, I want to know what my dreams mean. Anyone??

If I were to analyze them for myself, I'd say the tea party one means that I'm stressed about something. I know exactly what that is. I'm worrying about food for Mitchell too much. I have food on the brain all the time.

I'm not so sure about the one about Hospice. That could mean several things.
1. Since we've decided to stay put and not move, that could be the future---way, way in the future.
2. Or we need to take on a boarder to cover the utility bills! (Oh wait, we already have one! We just don't make him pay!)
3. I just want to redecorate.

I'm going with #3.

And lastly, I had a dream another day that was really nice about all the dogs I know. That prompted me to text Morgan and Sandy and let them know that from now on, they can bring their dogs when the come here. I'm sure they thought THEY were dreaming! Goes to show that dreams can come true! Or, I'm getting soft in my old age.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm not sure what that dream means at all - how weird! But could be a good excuse to get redecorating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.