Monday, September 16, 2019

Mitchell on Monday

Well, in my mind, I blamed Mitchell for something, so I need to fess up! 

The story starts all the way back on Mother's Day when Mindy gave me some pecan butter along with some preserves from Fortnum and Mason (my favorite store because of the tea room in London). She knew I had never tried anything but regular peanut butter---which I love. 

Peanut butter is a staple in my diet. I'd say I eat peanut butter at least 4-5 times a week. Crunchy, please. For breakfast, I'll have it on toasted grainy bread or an English muffin. Sometimes I'll top it with bananas--but only for breakfast. No jelly at breakfast either. For lunch or dinner I'll either have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread with kettle chips on the side along with a glass of milk, or, if the bread is stale, I'll have two slices toasted with jelly and a glass of milk---but no chips. I'm very particular about my bread. I want it to be really soft. Since we've discovered Sara Lee Butter Bread, it's always soft. And, apparently, I'm really particular about my peanut butter habits. I never really realized that until I'm reporting it here.

Gosh, I really am particular about things. Anyway, you get the idea-- I eat a lot of peanut butter. After having the pecan butter, I decided to try almond butter. Pricey, but I'm worth it---or so I thought! I had it exactly once and really liked it. Then, all of a sudden, it disappeared.

This is where Mitchell comes in. Remember how I keep saying that he EATS SO MUCH? Well, I figured he ate it. And I don't even care about that. He can eat whatever he wants. But an entire jar in less than a week? I looked all around the pantry thinking it had been misplaced. It was gone, so he must have eaten it. 

Last weekend when Mitchell was out-of-town, I don't even know what made me mention it to Butch. He said, "oh, I threw that out. It was gross. All separated and oily." OMGosh! He threw a brand new jar of almond butter out! Oh well, I'll get another jar soon---when I manage to save up some money! Only kidding, it's not that bad. And, I'm still worth it.

So, I owe Mitchell a big apology for jumping to a conclusion that if it's food and it's missing, he must have eaten it. Even if there's been plenty of evidence to corroborate this. 

Oh, and I had the conversation about the dishes he's been leaving upstairs. I just said, "by the way, when you take dishes and glasses upstairs, but sure to bring them back down." He gave me a sheepish grin and said, "I know I'm bad about that!" That boy can melt my heart. I almost said, "oh never mind you darling boy. I'll just go upstairs everyday and carry them down for you." Almost...luckily I didn't! I'm not that crazy! 

Since he's been reminded about the dishes, I have a back-up plan if he "forgets." My girls can attest to this. I'll just inconvenience him. It always worked with Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy (well maybe not Mindy so much. After all, she was my darling "baby!") Some night, I'll call him down for dinner, then say, "Oh gosh, we don't have a plate for you! I guess you'll have to go to your room and get one and then wash and dry it before you can have supper." 

Yeah, that'll do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.