Wednesday, September 18, 2019

What I Buy Wednesday

I only bought one thing this week.
I got myself the Apple AirPods.

I decided I need them to be able to listen to audio books. I first asked Mindy what she used. She and Justin have something they love, but is more expensive than the Apple ones. Then I talked to Mitchell. He has the AirPods and loves them. Since they were cheaper, I decided to stick with Apple. I'm a loyalist of all things Apple!

But, here's the thing. After buying them, I realize that I do not like listening to audio books. I don't like being read to. I don't like the reader's voice or inflections. I have not liked a single book I've listened to. Somehow, when it's read out loud, the book seems pointless and trite. Even Stephen King's books. I just need to read on my own. So, there's that.

Luckily, Mitchell has introduced me to pod casts. He recommended Hard Core History. I've already enjoyed one while driving to Metropolis for court. I have another picked out for Butch and I on our St. Louis trip this week. Of course I won't need my AirPods for that since we'll be listening in the car.

They will come in handy for walking on the treadmill. Pretty soon, when the temperatures cool down, I'll take them on the road!!

Between podcasts---including some interesting Ted Talks I have on my list and music---the AirPods
will come in handy for sure!

That's it for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.