Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Travel Tuesday

So this post is going back to our family vacation. I never got around to posting a couple of my favorite photos.
You may recall that last fall we went to Big Cedar Lodge. It is one of the coolest places we've ever stayed. There are animals everywhere. When we were there, it was cool and rainy, so Butch and Walter did not want to pay the expensive green fees to golf there. So, when our nephew, Greg, wanted to play there, he and Butch were all in. Although it was hotter than hades there, the course was beautiful and they had a great time.
That same day, I kept all the great nieces and nephews for about 5 hours. We had a good time and played fun games, but they wore me out for sure! I didn't take them swimming because I didn't want the responsibility with so many. We ended the day with ice cream. That little one in front was supposed to be a little terror--I'd heard all the stories! She was so good! There was just one little incident when she didn't want to hold my hand in the street. I get it. She'd only met me once before. I just asked her if she'd rather go home or hold my hand. That was an easy choice because Harper didn't want to miss out on the fun. After that, I made everyone take a turn holding my hand. I believe in putting them all in the same boat! Only the big girls moped about it. I love these kids and always get a kick out of spending time with them. They don't see me often, so I want them to know who their Aunt Barb is.
 I've really been successful with these two! Nathan and Travis don't have a problem greeting me and talking to me.
 They are a couple of rough and tumble boys. I'm used to girls, so I can't get over how they don't worry about getting hurt. I do!
 Travis first day of school.
 Nathan first day of school.

 Evie's first day--her backpack is bigger than she is!
Evie with Josie who is still in pre-school.

I get Travis and Nathan's pictures from Facebook---my favorite reason for being on there. Jackie sends me important pictures now and then and always the first day of school. Love that.

I don't have any other travel news. I will next Tuesday since I have to drive to Metropolis, IL to appear in court for my speeding ticket on Thursday. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.