Thursday, January 25, 2007

Why I Blog

I decided to start blogging again because it's an easy way to keep up with the everyday "stuff" that goes on in our lives. When I was a little girl, I had diary after diary. I would keep up with them for a bit, but ultimately quit. Now, I spend a lot of time in the evenings on my laptop. I do journaling for my scrapbooking, look at things on the internet, check other people's blogs and answer my emails. Occasionally I'll play a game or two while watching t.v. By adding blogging, I will have plenty of fodder to refer to for journaling in my scrapbooks---or for page ideas.

Here's a perfect example:
This week, I've had the little girls while Steph has been out-of-town on business. The week has gone very smoothly even though Jordan was home sick on Monday and Tuesday. But, I'm not used to all this cooking, picking up around the house, hair fixing, t.v. playing, and chattering after 7:00. Butch and I have a nice quiet life these days. I'm used to just chillig out in front of the t.v. with my laptop after supper in my jammies. Last night I got a little cranky with the girls as they kept talking to me (God forbid) and asking questions. We were watching American Idol---which is what they watch---so we've sacrificed the t.v. this week too. This morning, it's up extra early to get the crock pot going for dinner, breakfast, lunches, straighten the house, hair fixing, shower and out the door by 7:45 for me. I missed my treadmill session. Got up at 5:30 thinking there would be enough time. I think I'm going to have to get more organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.