Wednesday, September 25, 2019

What I Buy Wednesdays

Well, this post isn't about what I bought this week. I made a few purchases, but I'll post them next week. Today, I want to focus on a Big Boy and his new toy!

Greg just bought his very first new car. Prior to this, he's always had used cars or hand-me-downs. He wanted this car---badly. He thought about it a long time. Suddenly they started having car problems with both of their current cars. That prompted him to go for it. 
 It's a Dodge Charger---race car!


It looks good. Exactly like a car a teen would dream about. I don't think that goes away with boys no matter how old they get! The funny part about this is that they live in Atlanta. He's dying to open it up. It's going to be kinda hard with Atlanta traffic when the fastest you can ever go is 45 mph!! 

He picked the car up last Friday. Later they were taking Elizabeth to her high school football game. She accidentally spilled her ice cream down the back. Greg was freaking out! Not even 2 hours old. (Now this is when I would have cried, "I can't have anything nice!"). I'm sure he said many expletives under his breath. Of course, Elizabeth was contrite as Sandy scrambled for napkins and kleenexes in her purse!!

A little later, it started to rain, causing Greg further anguish. Rain on his shiny, bright new car. They hadn't had any rain in over two weeks!! But now.... Next, the unthinkable happened! Hail!!! That caused Greg to go in to downright convulsions! 

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, he realized that he was not going to be able to park the new car in the garage. After their recent move, the garage was a mess---full of boxes that need to be stored along with furniture that is for Mitchell. It's just been too hot to work out there.

The next day, this happened.
I guess there's nothing like getting a new car to motivate you to clean out your garage!!

Have fun, Greg with that new car! Be careful out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.