Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas!!

I know it's only Christmas Eve, but I have to slip a post in when I can!

On Wednesday night, we had a few friends over for dinner. I was really excited because I don't do much entertaining anymore. I used to all the time. Now it just seems like so much work. But there's something about the holidays that brings out the hostess in me. Oh yeah, I know. It's the table!!

The table is my most favorite thing to do. I love pretty napkin folds too.

I kept the meal pretty simple: Sandy's Chicken (you might know it as Swiss Chicken Bake, mashed white and sweet potatoes, creamed peas, and Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits. For dessert, I tried a new recipe: "Are you kidding me?" cake. I use that saying all the time, so had to try it. Couldn't be easier. Yellow cake mix, cherry pie filling, and 3 eggs. Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 35 minutes (I only baked it for 25 minutes as my oven is hot). I served it with a scoop of Cherry Cordial ice cream on top. (Side note: another friend, Karolyn served that ice cream with warm brownies last week--so good). The cake was good, but looked a little bare, hence the ice cream.

When Mindy said that she and Justin would be coming over on Friday night and staying for the weekend, I thought, "Okay, great. We'll have the leftovers from Wednesday." 

The next day or so, she said that Stephanie and Nicky were also coming, and maybe Jordan and Robbie. Well, that certainly changed things! There was no way that I would have leftovers for 8 people. So, I decided to just make the same meal. On Wednesday night, I sent the leftovers home with my friends.

So, then I was ready for round two:

This time I used my reindeer napkin rings. These napkins do not "hold" a fancy fold. I just propped some pretty candy canes on them as the table favor. We love table favors. Luckily, my guests on Wednesday night didn't mess up the tablecloth!! 

Once dinner was done on Friday night, I had to clear everything for Mindy's Christmas Eve breakfast table. She and I got it all set up while the rest of the gang cleaned up the dishes.


Due the competitiveness of our family, we're turning this into a competition. We'll see how that goes!

Whew, I'm already tired!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.