Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine Boredom

No, not me. I never get bored. But I saw this on Facebook and this is what it's called. A little quiz. I like little quizzes.

Quarantine boredom. 
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. 
Class of: 1970

1. Did you marry your high school sweetheart? 
No.

2. What did you drive? 
I never had my own car. I drove the family car---a burgundy Plymouth Belvidere.

3. Where did you work?
Target---express lane cashier. In order to work on the express lane, you had to be able to check out one person per minute! Way before scanners.

4. Where did you live? 
St. Louis, MO

5. Were you in a band?
No, but I could have been. My mom put the kibosh on that dream!

6. Still talk to your best friend? 
I just re-connected with her a couple years ago, but don't talk to her much. Now if we're talking about my cousin--Chrissy who was also my best friend in high school, then the answer is yes---all the time!

7. Ever get suspended? 
No

8. If you could, would you go back?
I had great teen years, but I don't think I need to go back. I like where I'm at right now. 

9. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with?
Oh, hell no!

10. Did you skip?
Yes, on senior skip day, only to find that no one else had!

11. Go to all the football games?
Not really. I probably went to a few, but never to watch the game---totally social.

12. Favorite subject?
American and English literature.

13. Do you still have your yearbooks?
Absolutely!

14. Did you follow your "original career plan”? 
I didn't really have a career plan. I went to school to become a court reporter. I ended up getting married at 19 instead! Still happy nearly 49 years later. Best decision of my life!

15. Do you still have your senior ring? 
Yes, but it doesn't fit.

16. Favorite teacher? 
Sister Karl Mary, although I didn't like her Latin class.

17. What was your style? 
Scooter skirts. I always got dressed up for dates--no jeans!

18. Favorite shoes? 
I loved platform shoes--they made me a bit taller.

19. Favorite thing to eat for lunch?
OMGosh! The cafeteria food was amazing! I traded my "brought from home" lunch with a friend who "had" to buy. She gave me her lunch token in exchange for my lunch every day!

20. Favorite band?
Chicago and still the Temptations!

21. High School?
Rosary High School in Spanish Lake (north St. Louis). Sadly, this is a bad area of town now. Rosary is still there, but it merged with two other Catholic high schools (Mercy and St. Thomas Auqinas) to become Trinity High School. 

22. Favorite hang out?
140 Steak---Steak and Shake, we drove around and around. If it weren't for 140 Steak, I wouldn't have met Butch!

23. Favorite thing to do?
Dance!!! At home or teen town on Sunday nights, Monday nights in summer and all around town in between! Dancing with my cousin was our life!

24. Favorite food?
At home, making fudge. Out---Steak and Shake.

25. Favorite tv program?
American Bandstand and the St. Louis Hop! 

If you want, you can copy and paste this in to an email for me. I'd love to hear from you:
orgnz4u@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.